Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pantene®. The opinions and text are all mine.
We all want fabulous hair, but most of us can’t call Glamsquad every day to obtain it. If you follow me on Instagram—and I hope that you do!—you probably know that I talk a lot about my hair. Over the past year or so, I have noticed a real change in its condition and overall health. Call it getting older, blame it on the change in climate from NYC to LA, but whatever the cause, I have been desperately seeking a solution. In my quest to improve the health of my hair, I joined the Pantene 14 Day Challenge and switched up my shampoo and conditioner routine. Read on to see why the Pantene Gold Series Collection, combined with some new conditioning and styling techniques, are the key to more great hair days.
Pantene 14-Day Challenge
When I received the Pantene Gold Series Shampoo and Conditioner, I was at the end of my rope. The dry Los Angeles climate, coupled with the extended sun exposure, had taken its toll on my luscious tresses. My hair had been breaking in different areas and constantly seemed to lack moisture and luster. I decided to try Pantene’s Gold Series products because they are not only formulated for African-American women but also designed to add moisture, boost strength, improve elasticity, and increase shine—all of the things my hair had been craving!
After using the Pantene Gold Series Shampoo and Conditioner for just one week, I could tell the difference. I typically don’t notice results until after I finishing flat ironing and styling, but even after merely blowing dry, my hair felt smoother and softer. Pantene’s Gold Series Conditioner easily coated my hair and penetrated into the damaged areas while rinsing out easily. I noticed that my hair felt less greasy than it did previously when I was using my old products.
In the past, whenever I styled my hair with new products, one of two things happened: (1) the products cleansed my hair so well that within a few days it felt dry and needed oil to stay manageable; or (2) I experienced the opposite problem—the products didn’t clean well enough, and my hair was left weighed down and in need of shampoo within days of styling. But with Pantene Gold Series, it was just right—the perfect balance of clean and moisturized.
Loving the Results
By the end of the Pantene 14 Day Challenge, my hair had drastically improved since Day 1. Using the Gold Series Shampoo and Conditioner, along with Pantene’s full line of styling products, I am confident my hair problems will remain in the past. The Gold Series Shampoo and Conditioner add moisture to my hair, protecting it from breakage, and help the damaged areas to ultimately grow back healthy. Switching up your hair care routine as you age, change your diet, or adjust to the seasons, is a great way to keep your hair looking its best. Along with my new products, I tried out some new styling tips that you, too, can use to have #MoreGreatHairDays:
Shampoo & Conditioning Tips
- Massage your shampoo into your scalp to help remove oil, dirt, and product buildup between washes.
- Use conditioner along the entire length of your hair (unless you have an oily scalp, in which case avoid the roots).
- Don’t over-rinse your conditioner. Thirty seconds is plenty of rinse time; otherwise you may be washing its benefits right down the drain.
- Let your hair air dry for 15 or so minutes after shampooing to greatly reduce your blow-drying time.
- Turn down the heat on your irons and blow dryers, as high temperatures will melt your hair’s protein and cause damage.
- When possible, eliminate hot tools in between shampoos. The more heat, the more damage. Try to get your style right the first time and let your hair rest for a few days.
- Protect your style at night by wrapping your hair in a silk scarf, or try a silk pillowcase for extra protection.
- Water is essential for healthy hair and skin, so drink it often throughout the day to help your hair.
- Limit your UV exposure. Pantene is formulated to protect from the sun’s harmful rays, but if you find yourself outdoors for an extended period of time, consider a hat for extra protection.
- A healthy lifestyle equals healthy hair! Try to get a full night’s sleep, eat a balanced diet with iron and B-vitamins, and exercise regularly to help yourself have #MoreGreatHairDays without even touching your hair.
Ready to join the Pantene 14 Day Challenge and see how drastically your hair can improve over two weeks? It’s not too late! Pantene has a full line of products to fit your individual needs and hair type and help you start having #MoreGreatHairDays—click here for more details. What are you waiting for? Start today and kiss #BadHairDays goodbye!
Subscribe for a monthly newsletter and never miss a Busy Wife moment!